SUNIDERMA EFFICORT CREAM (HYDROCORTISONE ACEPONATE 0.127%) | 30g/1.06oz
3 or more $32.25
4 or more $31.00
5 or more $30.55
10 or more $29.75
Product Code: 1-47
Availability: In Stock
Properties and indications:
Suniderma Efficort ® cream (hydrocortisone aсeponat 0.127%) is a topical corticosteroid, recommended for the treatment of acute exudative lesions.
- varicose eczema (stasis dermatitis);
- non-parasitic pruritus;
- genital lichen sclerosis;
- granuloma annulare;
- discoid lupus erythematosus;
- palmoplantar pustulosis;
- seborrheic dermatitis;
- except for the face treatment, symptomatically - itching mycosis fungoides.
Sometimes it is indicated to spend short-term treatment of insect bites and parasitic pruritus after etiological treatment.
The composition and release form:
cream for external use 30g/1.06oz (contains 38.1 mg of hydrocortisone aceponate)
Active substance: hydrocortisone aceponate 0.127% (1.27 mg). Excipients: benzyl alcohol, emulsifying wax, stearyl alcohol, petroleum jelly, purified water.
- hypersensitivity to one of the ingredients of the preparation;
- ulcerative lesions, wounds;
- infectious dermatitis;
- for the patients to whom topical corticosteroid therapy is contraindicated, especially in bacterial infections of the skin, viral, fungal, and parasitic origin, even if they include an inflammatory response;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Side effects of the preparation
Topical application of powerful corticosteroids on large areas (30% of body surface area and more) and/or during extended periods (over two weeks) may cause the following side effects:
- inflammation of hair follicles (folliculitis);
- increase and enhancing hair growth (hypertrichosis);
- whitening skin (hypopigmentation);
- the emergence of so-called steroid acne;
- telangiectasia (skin striae and stretch marks on the skin in strips), affecting mainly the limbs (more common, usually in adolescents);
- atrophy of the skin, bruising, and skin fragility.
Violation of the pituitary-adrenal axis through the systemic absorption of the drug through the skin may occur, in particular, in treating the large areas with occlusive dressings.
Corticosteroids may aggravate facial rosacea and wound healing properties can be violated in the case of atonic wounds and ulcers.
Properties and indications:
- apply no more than 1-2 times per day (increase the number of daily applications may aggravate side effects without increasing the therapeutic efficacy of the preparation), depending on the severity of the condition, a thin layer to clean skin, avoiding the eyes and lips;
- treatment of large areas or for long-term therapy (3 weeks or more) requires clinical monitoring;
- in any case, the duration of treatment prescribed by your physician should be strictly observed;
- after the procedure is required to wash your hands;
- therapeutic effect develops after 1 week of treatment. If no improvement is seen within this period, then the diagnosis by your doctor is necessary to revise;
- a second course is possible only after consultation with your physician.
- this preparation can be used only for external use and in accordance with the doctor's instructions.
- do not use occlusive dressings. The treated skin area should not be bandaged or otherwise covered or wrapped as if there are no physician instructions.
- avoid lotion contact with eyes and mucous membranes. In case of accidental contact with the preparation on the mucous membranes of the eyes, mouth or nose, rinse thoroughly with warm water;
- patients should inform the physician about any signs of local adverse reactions.
- at a temperature no higher than 25 ° C;
- do not freeze;
- stored in the dark and out of reach of children's place.
Copyright © 2017-2023 Great Peel. All rights reserved